Ron Sokol, President and CEO has been in the Safety industry for over 30 years and the leader of SCTC for over 20 years. His professional career and accomplishments include:
- B.S. Safety Science, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Certified Safety Professional
- Named Fellow by American Society of Safety Engineers - June 2015
- Professional Member of American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
- Administrator – American Society of Safety Engineers (Construction Practice Specialty) 2000-2004
- Work experience includes approximately 10 years with Bechtel Group of Companies on various projects around the United States and abroad
- President & CEO of Safety Council of Texas City since 1990
- Member of the Houston Business Roundtable Safety & Health Resource Committee
- Nominated and Awarded Safety Professional of the Year, for the Gulf Coast Area by the American Society of Safety Engineers (1997)
- Nominated and Awarded Safety Professional of the Year for the American Society of Safety Engineers Region III (Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma – 1997)
- Served as President of the Texas City Rotary Club (2005-2006)
- Nominated and Awarded Charles V. Culbertson Outstanding Volunteer Service Award by American Society of Safety Engineers (2001-2002)
- Nominated and Awarded Construction Practice Specialty Safety Professional of the Year by the American Society of Safety Engineers (2004)
- Nominated and Awarded Vocational Service Award by the Texas City Rotary Club (1998)
- Nominated and Awarded Rotary Centennial Service Award for Professional Excellence for Rotary District 5910 (2004-05)
Jim Gossett, Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Chief Information Officer (CIO) has over 18 years combined experience in executive management, solutions development, product innovation, and consulting for major Fortune 1000 companies and small to mid-sized businesses. With deep experience leading key strategic initiatives with large diversified teams in the petrochemical, software, background screening, healthcare, and financial vertical markets, Jim is focused on managing organizational wide transformation in key areas of technology, process infrastructure, and team development to support SCTC's strategic goals.
Jim received an MBA from the University of South Florida (USF) and BA in Finance and Information Systems from the University of Wisconsin (UWM).
Industry certifications include:
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- PMP Certification from PMI (Project Management Institute)
- NPDP Certification from PDMA (Product Development and Management Association)
- Six Sigma Black Belt
Tom Williams, SVP Business Development brings over 33 years of experience working in the petrochemical business as well as a long relationship with the SCTC and many other ARSC organizations. Highlights of Tom’s background include:
- Represented his previous employer by leading committees such as the Houston Business Round Table Safety and Health Committee, represented BP on the owners advisory committee for the SCTC and HASC (Houston Area Safety Council). Tom also was the Chair of the ARSC Owners Advisory Committee for three years.
- Over 24 years experience managing diversified workgroups. Tom managed operating facilities, maintenance and projects for BP Products North America. Tom was responsible for developing and managing the Contractor Safety Management Program for BPTC.
- Tom has a well rounded working knowledge of the needs of the petrochemical industry as its related to contractor safety and health training, site and facility contractor skill needs as well as the OSHA regulatory requirements for contractors and owners PSM requirements.