- When do you open, and when can I take SCTC courses?
- Are their any benefits to being a SCTC member?
- How can one become a member?
- When will I be able to start registering my employees for training?
- How do I update member information when there are changes?
- What do members need to do to take a safety course?
- I have lost my ID. Can I still take courses?
- How do I replace my lost badge?
- Do you take credit cards or personal checks?
- What is the best way to register trainees?
- What advantage is Online Registration?
- What can the contractor do to help the Online Registration process?
- How do I register trainees if I cannot access the Internet?
- How often do I need to update my training?
- Where can I find a list of courses that are offered at SCTC?
- How long do these courses take to complete?
- What is a passing grade for the courses?
- Why can't I register for my courses?
- How do I get to the Safety Council of Texas City?
Business and Training Hours
Answer: Our hours are Monday to Thursday - 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Friday - 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Our Course Times are:
- Basic Orientation Plus - Offered only at 8:00 a.m. Monday to Friday (need to be registered no later than 7:50 a.m.)
- All Site Tests are by Computer Based Training (CBT) Format - CBT courses are available Monday to Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Membership at SCTC
Answer: Some of the benefits include, but not limited to:
- Lower training costs
- Ease of payment via invoicing
- Online registration, training history of trainees, and more
- Many more benefits call (409) 948-9009 and find out more
Answer: Contact accounting at (409) 948-9009 and information will be given to you as to where you can fill out an online form to get your membership started.
Answer: After your membership fees are paid, you will be given login information to start registering your employees for the training they need.
Answer: SCTC currently has a form that can be filled out online with the member's information. Please fill in as much information as listed.
Registration and Training
Answer: All member applicants MUST be pre-registered for safety training for a specific date and class required by online registration.
If no pre-registration is submitted - your employee will be turned away at the registration desk or made to pay at time of service at non-member rates.
Answer: You are required to provide a photo ID which can be State or Federal (drivers license, passport, military, official school ID, State issued ID)
Answer: Bring proper ID and check in at the registration desk. Replacement fee is $10.00
Answer: SCTC accepts VISA, MasterCard, and American Express cards for payment. Checks are also accepted.
Answer: SCTC strongly encourages its members to register all courses using its Online Registration Module - Virtual Safety Council. Contact Technology Services at (409) 948-9009 x484 or x483 for information if you are not familiar with the process.
Answer: During SCTC's peak training period (turnarounds), anyone who has been registered online has priority over those who are signing in as non-members. Lines move faster allowing quicker access to the CBT lab. During off peak training periods, less time is spent at the registration desk, which helps to get the trainees back on the job site quicker.
Answer: SCTC has found that the most common errors that occur are the trainee's name and/or social security number is not correctly entered when being processed Online. If you have trouble with the registration process, please contact us so that we can troubleshoot any problem that may be occurring.
Answer: SCTC will help with registration if you do not have another source to access the Internet.
Answer: Most of our training courses are good for 12 months and need to be updated according to the expiration date that is printed on the identification badge
Answer: You can look at our Course Outline and Fee Schedule and see a listing of courses as well as the associated fee.
Answer: Information can be found by looking at our Course Outline and Fee Schedule Information provided on our Website.
Answer: Most of the CBT courses require that you make a score of 80 or better. Basic Plus™ and Basic Plus™ Refresher require a grade of 70 or better. Passing grade requirements for specific courses can be located on the Course Outline and Fee Schedule.
- Verify that you have met all the requirements listed in the Facility Requirements.
- If you believe you meet all the requirements, but are still unable to register the courses, please call SCTC at (409) 948-9009 x484 or x483.
- Under "Contact Us" select "Location Maps" or click here.
- Place the address in the available field and click "Get Directions".