- Question: Does this mean that everyone has to come to the safety council now and have their social security number verified?
- Question: What is the charge for the SSV?
- Question: Is there a renewal date for the SSV?
- Question: What are the safety councils that are reciprocal with SCTC with SSV?
- Question: Where is the SSV located on the Council Badge?
Social Security Verification FAQs
Answer: The SSV process will be completed on each trainee as they come to the safety council to renew their training or take new courses.
Answer: There is a one time charge of $5.00
Answer: There is no renewal date for the SSV. This is done only once, and if the trainee is coming from or going to one of the reciprocal safety councils that utilize HireCheck for the verification, it is transferrable.
Answer: Currently the following councils are using ARSC approved: Industrial Safety Training Council (ISTC - Baytown and Nederland), Safety Council South West Louisiana (Lake Charles), Greater New Orleans Industrial Educational Council (GNOIEC), Safety Council of the Louisiana Capital Area (Baton Rouge), Safety Council of Central Texas (Austin), Contractors Safety Council of the Coastal Bend, Safety Council of East Texas, Safety Council of the Texas Mid-Coas, Inc. (Port Lavaca), Houston Area Safety Council, Tennessee Valley Training Center, and Contractor Safety Council of Brazosport, Inc. (Freeport).
Answer: The SSV is located under the trainee photo and has the council's code and date it was verified.